Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Altitude 95 - no more early reservations? rude staff?

Called Altitude 95 for a reservation for April 4th. After asking (in French) If there was anyone who could speak to me in English, I was laughed at and spoken to in a rude, abrupt manner. Dont they realise it is US who injects money into their economy. It is US the tourists who spend thoughtlessly at their overpriced tourist resturant?



Anyway - rant over... I was told it was too early to make resevations and the earliest I could make one was a month before the date. Is this true?




|||



Yes, it is true.




|||



No that is not true. Whomever you spoke with just didn%26#39;t feel like talking to you. Altitude 95 is closing on Feb. 1 for several months to redecorate. I tried to make reservations via e-mail for a date in early March. I received an e-mail response that they would be closed for renovations but to try another time. The e-mail was very courteous, I must admit.





I am taking my son to Altitude 95 this weekend. The food is good, not great, but it is a great experience to dine with Paris at your feet. When I take my daughter in March we will dine at Cafe de l%26#39;homme, across the Seine at the Trocadaro. That may work for you as well.





Good luck and please don%26#39;t let the rude person with whom you spoke taint your view of the Parisian tourist service providers. I love the French for their courtesy and generosity. I%26#39;m sure you will too! Moms




|||



darthbane2k- You think it is the US tourists who keep Paris afloat, LOL, too funny. Yes, there are alot of US tourist, but, there are a lot of Australians, and Canadaians, and German, and Italian and Japanese, and so on and so on , and I won%26#39;t even metion the middle eastern tourists who go into the designer stores and spend more in one hour then the average North American tourist spends in a week, LOL





Anyways as is typical of some tourists, they have ONE bad encounter and then freak out and exaggerate .. so one rude grumpy waiter equals the French not apprieciating the American tourist,, LOL



The guy you spoke to was just having a bad day, so lets assume that eveyone does once in awhile and take off our %26quot; us versus them%26quot; mentality.





PS HOW did this waiter KNOW you were American,, many others speak english, geesh, I have phoned France and not said, %26quot;hello I am Canadian%26quot; at the beginning of my encounter so perhaps you just ASSUMED that the rudness was because you were American, but really maybe this guy hated New Zealanders, or Scots , or what ever, LOL




|||



joan1...if you look I think you will see the OP is English...I think you misread...they are saying US as in WE the tourist. :) Although you raise some pretty good points there too.




|||



Well I stand corrected but still my pont that no one event should be anyones pictiure stands.





As Op says, %26quot; rant over.%26quot; LOL




|||



Nope, I never said the US (as in USofA) tourists keep the economy afloat. I meant US - (as in you and I as Tourists) do.





Im British by the way.




|||



Momstravel :





I meant: %26quot;it is true that restaurants do not usually take reservations several months in advance%26quot;.




|||



I agree with you on that however, in this case, Altitude 95 generally will allow you to book well in advance of one month. Of course, it helps if the person taking the reservation feels like doing his or her job! I have found that e-mail works very well with Altitude 95. Moms




|||



Confused...I thought they already completed the renovations, had a new look, new menu and evidently new rules:





http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20071224/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_eiffel_tower_eatery;_ylt=AjqCpb1TObkv2u7IuY0JNBus0NUE




|||



The renovations at Jules Verne were recently completed and the restaurant has reopened. Now it is Altitude 95%26#39;s turn. The interior of Altitude 95 is supposed to be updated. I don%26#39;t know about the menu. So yes, Les, you are correct. Jules Verne is open and, from what I understand, stunning. I%26#39;m excited to see what they do with Altitude 95! Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment