Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ice Tea

I tried a forum search but didn%26#39;t find enough information.





Is Ice Tea served in many restaurants? And are there free refills haha..





Thanks




|||



There is no such thing as free refills for anything in Europe, except your bread basket!





I don%26#39;t think I have ever seen ice tea, but then I don%26#39;t look for it either.



Beverages of any sort( except house wine) tend to be expensive, watch out, a 15 euro meal place could easily charge you 5 euros of a coke the size of a 6 oz baby bottle!!



Drink tap water, it is fine.




|||



I grew up in %26quot;the South%26quot; drinking sweet tea every day of my life, but it never occured to me to ask for it in France! There%26#39;s too much fabulous coffee for mornings, and wine for the rest of the day. :) Any Paris locals out there who might know?




|||



Hey,





In my experience it%26#39;s hard to find iced tea, let alone sweet tea. It%26#39;s something mostly beyond the French experience. If you%26#39;re going to find iced tea I think you%26#39;ll have to stick to the heavily touristed (with Americans) areas. Perhaps cafes around Rue Cler. Those are the places that might have ice. You%26#39;ll probably have to chill your own.




|||



It is not usually drunk with meals but almost every café carries it. Ask for %26quot;thé glacé%26quot;. It is sometimes flavored (lime or peach) and made by a tea company whose name starts with an L....



You can find it in supermarkets and grocery stores. It comes in cans or 1 1/2 liter bottles.




|||



Iced Tea in France is nothing like anything we know of as iced tea at home. Here it is a non-carbonated soft drink that comes in a can.




|||



In the summer at the tea shops of Mariage Freres, in their tea room, you can get a large glass of ice tea WITH ice. I%26#39;m not sure about the rest of the cooler seasons.




|||



Dear Vacation...





I do not remember seeing iced tea on any menus. I usually drink mineral water when I%26#39;m in France. I do believe, however, that I%26#39;ve bought cold tea (in cans or bottles) in the supermarkets. My favorite non-alcoholic drink in France, when I%26#39;m not drinking water, is Orangina-very tasty and may even have some vitamin content.





If you ever travel to Italy, Austria or Switzerland, you will be in luck. They drink iced tea there, and it is very good.





Bon chance and bon voyage!




|||



Iced tea, or %26quot;sweet tea%26quot; as it is referred to in my part of Tennessee, can be found in Paris at the Hard Rock Cafe.




|||



In recent years, I have found ice tea widely available through out France, you just have to ask. It is strangely peach flavored however.




|||



and the the%26#39; peche (peach tea) is something akin to drinking peach syrup - not only is the peach flavor odd, but it%26#39;s nauseatingly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment