Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I day in Strasbourg

Dear all,



I will be reaching strasbourg(my first time) at 520am on 10 dec by TGV from Lyon.leave for munich next day at 1300 hrs.What to do and see in strasbourg.Should i buy strasbourg card.



One more thing my booking is at hotel Regent petite how to reach there from TGV station in Strasbourg in the morning.Suggest bus or tram.



Also should I visit Baden Baden I dont have any transport of my own and does the strasbourg card works there.



Regards and thanks





Rituparn




|||



Don%26#39;t miss the beautiful cathedral, Notre Dame de Strasbourg (in town).





You can pick up Tram A at Langstross Grand%26#39;Rue in the direction of Hautepierre Maillon or Tram D at Homme de Fer in the direction of la Rotunde. Both are a few minutes on foot from your hotel. The trip takes about 12 minutes.




|||



Yes, buy the Strasbourg pass book. You can get it at the Tourist office located next to the Cathedral.





Don%26#39;t miss:



The Cathedral (use the passbook to see the 12:30 striking of the clock)





The river boat ride





The museums





Petite France





And of course the beautiful Christmas markets.





Have fun!!




|||



How to get from the train station to the cathedral? Is it walking distance? Thanks.




|||



It is within walking distance. The easiest route is this:





1. (With train station behind you) - L on Boulevard President Wilson



2. Continue on Rue de Wissembourg



3. R on Place de Haguenau



4. R on Ave des Vosges



5. R on Ave de la Paix



6. R on traffic circle of Place de la Republique (very pretty park here)



7. Take Avenue Victor Schoelcher



8. R on Rue André Malraux



9. Continue going straight right to the cathedral.





Strasbourg is not that big. I found the cathedral without a map. I just walked towards town and looked for the single spire...






|||





Hello everyone.



I to will have one full day in Strasbourg in June.



Arriving from Paris on 1st train leaving on last train back to Paris



I will be with my 14 and 16 years old.



I read about the Strasbourg Pass Book, do I need it



for varous things that I need to see?



Also can anyone suggest a lunch place that will



give me more of a German taste(this will be as close as we get to Germany) but one that teenagers will enjoy.



Thank you



Curves




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment