Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Having trouble contacting Hotel des Grand Ecoles

Having read the reviews I%26#39;ve narrowed my search down to three hotels in my budget -



Paris Familia - rate of 114E including breakfast



Saint Jacques - rate of 137E superior room only



Des Grand Ecoles - rates TBC





The only hotel I can%26#39;t get in touch with is the Grand Ecoles, which just so happens to be the one I like the best! I%26#39;ve used the email address on their website (which is hotel.grandes.ecoles@wanadoo.fr) at the weekend and then again on Monday but still haven%26#39;t had a reply and the website says they respond within 48 hours.



Has anyone else experienced any problems? Are they usually this slow in replying?





Thanks very much.




|||



http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/





you can send a booking form from their website, instead of an email





there is evidently a window of opportunity to book ahead - the schedule is on the above website.




|||



I had the same problem with them just a couple of weeks ago. Check your spam folder--their response to me was in my spam mail! Anyway, it took them a few days to let me know that they did have a room for me, although it did not have a courtyard view. They also wanted a re-confirmation of my VISA number (which I had already given to their booking site), but I didn%26#39;t want to do that via email. It was all very frustrating and time-consuming, so in the meantime I found another hotel that was just a little more expensive, but that I liked a little better. I told Grand Ecoles that I had found something else. I think I%26#39;ll walk by there when I%26#39;m in Paris just to see what I missed out on. :)




|||



Thanks for your help.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment