Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Back from Paris 2 days ago. Any Questions?

If anyone has general questions, please let me know. I will try to answer them!




|||



How about sharing your general immpressions. What did you do that you liked best, in Paris.




|||



I%26#39;m interested in how you dealt with the %26quot;punaises de lit%26quot;. They were clearly a serious concern in your planning.




|||



TripNebraska said...



How about sharing your general immpressions. What did you do that you liked best, in Paris.





The architecture is what I liked best. I also enjoyed the view from the Notre Dame towers as well as the Musée de l%26#39;Orangerie with Monet%26#39;s Nymphéas paintings.





I also liked the variety and pretty little boutiques. I liked how civilized the French can be on the Metro - very unlike the behaviour you see in Canada.




|||



MetroMole said...



I%26#39;m interested in how you dealt with the %26quot;punaises de lit%26quot;. They were clearly a serious concern in your planning.





I put my clothing in a large Ziplog big bag within my suitcase. I kept my suitcase closed and did not put it on the bed. I checked the sheets and mattresses, dresser drawers for signs of fecal matter. I vacuumed the apartment thoroughly including dresser drawers when I got there as well.





When I got home, I vacuumed my suitcase, and all other bags. Put all my clothes in another ziploc big bag and sealed them to be washed this weekend.





And put my suitcase outside in the cold winter. I did not put anything in the overheard compartment bins on the airplane. I put the coat I took outside in the winter air as well to kill anything that might have stuck to the coat during the plane ride home.




|||



What part of town did you stay in? We%26#39;re honing in on an apratment in the 6th very close to Notre Dame (you mentioned that you visited there). I%26#39;m wondering if you strolled through the area and could share your impressions. Is it a good area for restaurants/cafes/markets/etc?





14 rue Domat is the address. Yahoo Maps puts it a couple blocks from Luxembourg Gardens and a block or two from Notre Dame.





Thanks for offering the advice.




|||



SeattleBrocks said....



What part of town did you stay in? We%26#39;re honing in on an apratment in the 6th very close to Notre Dame (you mentioned that you visited there). I%26#39;m wondering if you strolled through the area and could share your impressions. Is it a good area for restaurants/cafes/markets/etc?



14 rue Domat is the address. Yahoo Maps puts it a couple blocks from Luxembourg Gardens and a block or two from Notre Dame.



Thanks for offering the advice.







I stayed in the 6th arrondissement. St. Germains Des Pres. It seems like your area is a good one however it seems like it might be considered closer to the 5th (Latin Quarter)?





I didn%26#39;t walk through the Latin quarter that much but I remember walking all the way to the Metro Maubert-Mutualité which looks like that%26#39;s one of the closest metros to rue Domat. There is a string of useful food shops right at this metro stop. A fromagerie, charcuterie (meats), fruit/vegetable corner shop as well as a snobby wine shop. I got a petit poulet (small roast chicken) there for 5E my first night in Paris and a bottle of cheap table wine for 2,90E. But when I returned during the day, the prices were a little higher for the chickens.





I don%26#39;t remember if there were nice cafes and restaurants in that area since I didn%26#39;t stay in that area but since you%26#39;re right on the Metro line 10, you can hop on to Metro Mabillon. That will take you to the action for outdoor cafes. I only went to 1 cafe, 1 restaurant, and 1 Chinese food place in my area. One negative to your area is that your Metro stop doesn%26#39;t run directly up to Chatelet meaning you%26#39;ll have to transfer at a stop. Stay away from restaurants on the street La Huchette. I read on the net somewhere that it%26#39;s called Bacteria alley and when I walked along there, the restaurants did seem rather touristy and hokey.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment