Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Affordable Paris Restaurants (ideally around Latin Q)

Hi,





I am visiting Paris in March and am keen to build up some local knowledge on the best places to eat and the over-priced tourist traps to avoid.





I am not after any expensive Michelin-esque restaurants, but would love to visit some authentic and delicious Parisian bistros and restaurants with a lovely atmosphere.





I am planning to stay in Latin Quarter/St Germain areas so anywhere nearby would be a bonus.





Kind of price range I would look for is around the £30 a head mark for food and wine (approx. 42 Euro or 60 US Dollars).





Having done a little research, some potential options I have found so far are:





Le Coupe Chou



Petit Pontoise



Chez Alexis %26amp; Daniel





Really appreciate some thoughts on any of the above, and definitely recommendations for where I should go!!





Thanks everyone!




|||



I like Brasserie Balzar rue des Ecoles. It has been there for a long time and is still popular with a lot of Parisians and tourists alike.




|||



Thanks for that- looked the place up and seems to get mixed reviews- some fantastic and some not so good. Definitely one for me to consider.





A few more I have come across that seem to get good reports are:





Les Editeurs





Au Gourmand





Ze Kitchen Galleria







... any thoughts on these anyone.... or any other recommendations??





Can%26#39;t wait to be in Paris sampling these places for myself!




|||



A few great value restaurants in the 5th. arrondissement that easily meet your requirements and are also my favourite places to dine when in Paris are:





L%26#39;Époque on rue du Cardinal-Lemoine near Place de la Contrescarpe





Au Bon Coin on rue de la Collégiale





Le Languedoc at 64 Boulevard de Port-Royal





Chez Léna et Mimile on rue Tournefort





Bon apetit!




|||



My friend and I have started a little tradition of eating on the first night in Paris at a little place just off the Blvd St Germain called L’insulaire. We have a prix fix meal here which ends with a cheese assortment. This year it came to 38.00 euros which includes the ever present bottle of wine.





Pjk




|||



PJK: was that 38 euros total for both of you or 38 per person?




|||



If you%26#39;re a fan of the Pudlo Paris guidebook, you might want to know his opinion of Les Editeurs - he calls it mediocre and says the dishes don%26#39;t live up to their setting. He says it%26#39;s %26quot;a pity.%26quot;




|||



Hmm.. OK, maybe I will avoid Les Editeurs then. I have four nights in Paris and want to make the most of every dining experience if possible!





Thanks for the tips everyone... keep them coming!!




|||



I ate at two very nice restaurants on blvd Port Royal last fall, Le Languedoc and Le Petit Marguery. Both excellent. Btw, I highly recommend the Grand Marnier souffle at Petit Marguery. It%26#39;s their specialty and it doesn%26#39;t disappoint.




|||



Check out www.idealgourmet.fr they have listings of many resturants in your price range. They also have sample menus. I found them very helpful.




|||



38.00 euros total. We love that place. It is a 2 choice prix fix deal.





hth



Pjk

No comments:

Post a Comment