Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bought my ballet tickets online

Got up at 3:30 this morning and bought my ballet tickets online - www.operadeparis - about 1.5 hours after they went on sale. There wasn%26#39;t much left. Got cheap seats in the nosebleed section at Palais Garnier. The buying was a little more complicated than expected because I had difficulty signing in with my name and ID number and it is very realtime so the supply constantly changes--would be easy the second time!



Any advice about how to get the best out of this experience is welcome Dave




|||



Ah--memories. I did the same. I remember the tickets went really fast too. Don%26#39;t worry so much about where you are sitting. I sat in a box way off to the side. If you are in back you at least should be able to see everything. I saw an opera there which had subtitles but until near the very end I didn%26#39;t even know they were putting up subtitles because I couldn%26#39;t see up above the stage. And the Opera was boring! But it didn%26#39;t matter. It was such a thrill to see anything in that gorgeous Opera Garnier. Just being there is the thrill. If you actually see something you enjoy--that is a plus. As far as buying tickets on line--my computer went off-line in the middle of my purchase. We are limited by the machines we use. In the end though, it sounds like you got your tickets and you will get your wonderful experience. Enjoy!




|||



Is the entrance on the north or south side of the building?




|||



The entrance is the front of the building on Place de l%26#39;Opéra. I don%26#39;t know exactly where you%26#39;re sitting so can%26#39;t really comment about your sepcific seats. I%26#39;m going there to see the Bolshoi on Sunday.




|||



My seats are 153/155 Amphitheatre




|||



Felschurch: If I have my directions correct, the entrance is on the South side of the building. I am pretty sure that is correct. It is the opposite side from where Blvd. Haussmann is. Enjoy





Oh my gosh--the person who is going to see the Bolshoi on Sunday! That%26#39;s too much for one person in a lifetime--the Bolshoi and the Opera Garnier--have a fantastic time.




|||



I agree about the Bolshoi and Palais Garnier!!




|||



Congrats on the tickets Felschurch - what a treat!





Now that you have bought your ticket my advise is:



- get there early (I think doors open at 6.30pm for an 8pm performance start) and take a stroll around the interior. There are some wonderful rooms to explore and the staircases are magnificent



- splash out on a glass of Champagne (or two). They were 10euros each when I went (Oct 07) but I felt marvelous walking around with the glass in hand



- don%26#39;t forget your camera. I took loads of photos on the inside while there.





For those of you planning to buy tickets, a good tip is to register on the site beforehand. You%26#39;ll get a log-in name and password. When you are ready to buy tickets, you can just log-in and select what%26#39;s available.





Mez.




|||



Normally amphitheatre seats are high up but with good visibility facing the stage. Very uncomfortable though - bench type seats with little legroom. I avoid these seats because of my size but have a friend who swears by them (She%26#39;s very small).




|||



However your seats turn out to be, I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll love the performance. Seeing a ballet is always a beautiful experience, and I suppose that seeing one in Paris is simply divine. Enjoy!!!




|||



Ahhhh Mez--just the kind of info I wanted. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment