Saturday, March 24, 2012

Contacting Featured B&B properties

I see lots of properties listed and recommended like this





tripadvisor.fr/Hotel_Review-g1020951-d617527…





or this





tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187189-d6565…





but I can%26#39;t see any way to contact the owners - not even a link to their websites.





For hotels there%26#39;s a booking form and for gites/holiday homes there%26#39;s usually a website link on the %26quot;Maps and Resources%26quot; page, which seems to be the only place that rentals are listed.





How come there are no contact details for B%26amp;B%26#39;s? What%26#39;s the point of having htem listed if you can%26#39;t actually contact them?





There again, maybe I%26#39;m missing something really obvious. If someone can show me how people using the site are meant to contact either of the places I listed above, I%26#39;d be interested to know how!






|||



Using Google I came up with this



http://www.lafraichette.com/



for the second one.



The first one does not seem to have its own web-site but is listed on various booking web-sites.



I hope that helps.




|||



Thanks for that, but what I mean is, why are there no contact details on Trip Advisor? Why is it necessary to play detective to find places that are featured, whereas Gite owners have links to their websites?





The website for the first one featured is





http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk





by the way





Surely it would be sensible, from the point of view of people using Trip Advisor (owners and travellers alike) if the websites featured along with the other details?




|||



I should point out that I am an owner as well as a traveller, BTW.





I have asked this question before and never received a sensible reason as to why gites have websites listed, but not B%26amp;Bs.





I thought that with the redesign the discrepancy might have been removed, but it seems not.




|||



Cassis I have to agree 100% with you, I had guests stay last summer who have stayed now with us 4 times and they suggested i list on TA , after they wrote a review i have tried to list but really cant see the point if nobody can contact you.





In december we were also looking to stay further south for n overnight , the place had great reviews but no way could i get the details to book.





Seems so pointless really




|||



There is the same problem if you have self catering accommodation listed. No means of anyone contacting you although easy enough for guests to post reviews.




|||



That%26#39;s not true, Ffryyd, rental properties can list themselves on the maps pages with a hard link to their website. Look on this page - just scroll down to rental properties and you%26#39;ll see. There are many rental properties listed like this on maps and information pages for individual destinations.





tripadvisor.com/Resources-g672976-Maps-Le_Mo…




|||



But as I understand, then you are listed only under resources and not as accommodation and no reviews can be added?




|||



That%26#39;s right - but that%26#39;s a separate problem!





Have you ever raised this with the TA team? I have, but I%26#39;ve never had an explanation other than to say that the TA policy is





1. not to allow reviews for rental properties, only to list them on the %26quot;maps and resources%26quot; pages, but include hard links to their websites and emails





2. B%26amp;B properties can be featured with reviews but no links or means of contacting the owners





Stating that this is the policy does not explain the %26quot;logic%26quot; behind it, does it? :)




|||



I didn%26#39;t even get a reply when I queried it. Although they are usually good at replying.




|||



Which probably means that there%26#39;s no good answer, then!





:)





I guess if you%26#39;ve got both B%26amp;B and gite then you could be featured and get comments (as a B%26amp;B), plus have a nice link to your website on the maps and resources page (as a gite).





Maybe I should open the barn as a gite then get the best of both worlds?

No comments:

Post a Comment