Tuesday, March 27, 2012

RER to CDG - possible to get to arrivals?

Ok here%26#39;s my strategy and I was wondering if it is possible.





Backstory: I am arriving at CDG to attend a study abroad session in the Loire Valley. I%26#39;m arriving in Paris 3 days early.





There is going to be a chartered bus (a %26quot;coach%26quot;, if you will) that will pick all of the students up from CDG.





I plan on taking a taxi from the airport to my hotel upon arrival - I am always much too tired to attempt the Métro.





Here is what I%26#39;m not sure on: I know I will be able to maneuver my luggage thru the RER to get back to the airport to meet the bus. The many times I%26#39;ve been to Paris, I think I have only used the RER one time to get from the airport to my destination, so my question is...





Is it possible to get to arrivals hall in CDG by taking the RER? (either terminal, but I%26#39;m banking on that it will be #1) How complicated would this be and about how long? (this will be on a saturday in feb.)





Also, where I%26#39;m staying is equidistant between Cadet, Anvers, and Notre- Dame-de-Lorette metro stops. (I know the area pretty well) Could someone suggest the safest route to get to the RER B? Anvers to La Chapelle (Gare du Nord) looks so simple, but I generally feel uneasy on Line 2 - not to mention that I will look the part of a tourist with my luggage.





Also, is the bus from Opéra metro reliable?




|||



You will have no problem getting to the arrivals hall at CDG, either terminal.





Depending on where you%26#39;re staying you could walk up to Anvers and get the 30 or 54 bus towards the Gare du Nord. That said, your hotel might be close enough to the Gare du Nord to walk it, if you don%26#39;t have too much luggage.





The RATP thinks this trip should take about an hour. To allow for contingencies, and because I don%26#39;t like to cut it too close, I%26#39;d leave 2 hours before.





The bus from Opéra is reliable. The only potential problem is it being crowded and having to wait for the next one.




|||



If you don%26#39;t want to go to Gare du Nord, then take your metro line 2 to Etoile and take the Air France coach for about 14€. I think the stop is on Wagram.





http://www.airfrance.com/double6/passage3.nsf/(LookupPublishedWeb)/en-OUTCO-CarsAF?OpenDocument





At CDG, there is an RER station inside the terminal-2, and one set apart from terminal-1 - from that one, you use the CDGVAL lightrail to get inside the terminal.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment