Friday, March 30, 2012

Experts--What rental questions did I not think to ask?

Okay, seasoned travelers. I%26#39;ve read anything on TA I can find about apartment rentals in Paris, read the reviews about the company Paris pied-a-terre on this and another travel site, googled it, emailed them and received very kind responses, they%26#39;ve agreed to let me use paypal rather than wire the money. I have stayed in this area once before and I know that I like that. There are pics on their website parispiedaterre.com/Pages/…CDM2.html (altho they can sometimes be a little misleading) and the price is agreeable. I%26#39;ve never rented out of the country. TELL ME ! What am I not asking that I need to know before I send money? This is a little more complicated than the hotel reservations I usually make. I sure don%26#39;t want to show up with my 3 kids and have made a big, expensive mistake. Maybe a hotel is the safer route?




|||



Wauw - what a cool apartment !!





Maybe I am exceedingly naïve, but if you have read their Terms and Conditions, the FAQ and all other information on their website - and you STILL can%26#39;t think of any questions you may have forgot - what problems could there be ?





It looks like a highly professional company - very classy, expensive apartments. They would not cheat on you, why should they ?





I have rented and paid the total amount incl. deposit for my summer apartment with www.perfectlyparis.com - and I have no suspicion whtasoever that there might be some unpleasantness or fraud involved.





Use your common sense, trust the %26quot;stomach-feeling%26quot;, heed the read-alert lamps if they are blinking inside your head - and go for it.





Much nicer for at family with children than in a hotel.




|||



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k93467…





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k80289…





and here are some previous threads that may give you some peace of mind !




|||



Make sure you know





-If you need to cancel, or change dates, can you get your money back?



-Are there any charges for utilities, phone, cleaning, or taxes, above the stated rent?



-If you have a problem, who do you call?





Hotels are always a safer route; you can pay with credit cards, you can cancel, you pay after you%26#39;re satisfied, not months in advance, you can change rooms or hotels if you%26#39;re not happy, they are easier to research, etc.




|||



weeswap. Did you make your Paris trip? And did you end up booking through pwrispiedaterre.com? If so, how was it?





I am heading that way soon and am looking at the CDM2 property.





Any help will be appreciated.




|||



I just saw this today or I would have responded earlier. RELAX!!! We rented from Paris Pied a terre in November 2006. My husband, myself and our 3 kids (16,19 and 21 at the time) rented the Passy apartment. We wanted to get the CDM apartment but it was already rented. They are very honest and dependable. We had no problems. They let us use paypal too because our little Texas credit union does not wire euros. There is a grocery store down the street (FRanprix) and Rue Cler is a little further down. We prefer this area too. When we go again in a few years I am going to try to reserve early enough to get this apartment. You are lucky you were able to secure it. Please try to relax and enjoy. The one problem you probably won%26#39;t have will be with the apartment. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I was VERY nervous too but Walid was great.




|||



We did make our trip to Paris! Ahhhh!! It seems so long ago. We did not rent the apartment after all, we stayed in a lovely little place, Hotel Muguet because we ended up going to Normandy for 3 days in the middle of our time. They let us store our luggage and didn%26#39;t charge us for the rooms while we were gone.



I am now planning a trip to Florence and looking at the apartments there. It just seems such a lovely way to travel. Glad to see you got some good info about this agency. I hope your trip is a wonderful as ours was!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment