Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Saint Germain Area Hotel Advice Needed. Thanks!

Bonjour!





My boyfriend and I (we%26#39;re in our 30s) are visiting Paris for two nights this May while on a whirlwind tour of Europe. We have heard that the Saint Germain area would best suit us accommodation-wise, and I%26#39;m having a hard time deciding on where to stay. We%26#39;re on a bit of a budget but are trying to decide whether to splurge a bit or save on lodging in Paris. I have narrowed down our choices to:





1) Sully Saint Germain



2) Five Hotel (I love the pictures but is it worth 185 Euros a night?)



3) Hotel du College de Paris



4) Little Palace (Judging from the photos I have seen, it looks gorgeous and the price is right but is it too far off the beaten path? I know it%26#39;s not in Saint Germain but it looks so modern and funky!)





I%26#39;m leaning towards Five or Little Palace but want affirmation that either of the two properties will be worth the little extra. I have read the reviews here several times and am confusing myself! Any advice is hugely appreciated!





Merci!



E in Toronto




|||



Oh, and we%26#39;re also looking at Hotel de la Brettonerie! I can%26#39;t make up my mind! :)




|||



I always think that being as close to the river as possible is the best location, and I like the Left Bank, but according to the web page for the Little Palace you are not too bad...





Pompidou Centre – 500 metres



Notre Dame Cathedral – 1 kilometre (0.5 miles)



Picasso Museum – 1 kilometre (0.5 miles)



Place des Voges – 1 kilometre (0.5 miles)



Opera House – 1.5 kilometres (1 mile)



Louvre Museum – 1.5 kilometres (1 mile)



Eiffel Tower – 3 kilometres (2 miles)





For Five...





From Mouffetard street : 5 minutes on foot.



From the Arènes de Lutèce : 6 minutes on foot.



From the Jardin du Luxembourg : 8 minutes on foot.



From the Pantheon : 10 minutes on foot.



From Saint-Michel boulevard : 5 minutes by public transportation.



From Châtelet-Les Halles station : 10 minutes by public transportation.



From the Louvre Museum : 15 minutes by public transportation.



From Notre-Dame Cathedral : 15 minutes by public transportation.



From the Eiffel Tower : 20 minutes by public transportation.





If I had to choose one and preferring to walk as much as possible in Paris, I%26#39;d go with the Little Palace.





Pjk




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 16, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment