Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paris Itinerary -- Seven Days, February

OK, I could use some help with our upcoming seven-day trip to Paris! This is my fourth trip to Paris, my husband%26#39;s first. I%26#39;ve used the search feature and come up with the following rough itinerary, but my head is swimming a bit and I could use some input. I%26#39;ve broken up each day into morning/afternoon/evening, in general. Please let me know if I%26#39;ve missed something major or am too ambitious. I am not much of an itinerary person, but my husband is and I want to make sure he gets the full Paris Experience!





Friday – Arrive at CDG midday, get to apartment, walk around neighborhood, pick up supplies, find bistro for early dinner, crash.





Saturday:



Morning: Central Paris (Notre Dame, Ile St. Louis/la Cite). Check out winebar: Taverne Henri IV at Place du Pont Neuf



Afternoon: Boat tour of Seine (http://www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/)



Evening: Dinner out





Sunday:



Morning: Walk up Champs Elysées, Arc de Triomphe (climb to top); take Metro to Trocadéro: Eiffel Tower, Champs de Mars, Les Invalides - Napoleon%26#39;s grave, Rue Cler



(check Sunday closings)



Afternoon:



Evening: Dinner at Apartment





Monday



Morning: Hop on/Hop OffBus Tour (???)



Afternoon:



Evening: Cooking class with AnneParis





Tuesday



Morning %26amp; Afternoon: RER to Versailles



Evening: Show off new French cooking skills at apartment, evening walk on Seine





Wednesday



Morning: Louvre .



Afternoon: ContextParis Medieval Church tour (starting in St. Germain, finishing at the Pantheon)



Evening: Dinner in Latin Quarter





Thursday



Morning: Musee D’Orsay



Midday: Rodin Museum



Afternoon: Metro to Montmartre, Sacré Coeur, Rue Lépic



Dinner: ??? (Valentine’s Day – no idea of popularity of holiday/impact)







Day 7



Pack up %26amp; catch midday train to Brussels




|||



Hi



If it were my schedule I would:



Saturday



Afternoon : do the Marias area or go by the



Pompidou Center(even if you dont go in ) and the



Stravinsky fountains.



Evening: You can still do seine cruise and dinner



or dinner cruise, or dinner in apt.





Sunday:



Morning: Start at Place de concorde, Go to Laduree for tea and macaroons then After you get to Arc de Triomphe you can walk downstairs and take the metro to Montmartre and Sacre Coeur.



Lunch around there and take metro back to Champs Elysees , and then maybe a cocktail at Harrys Bar .



Or go straight from Montmartre



to Trocadero(great little crepe place across the Street and wait for Eiffel /tower to light up.



Monday %26amp; Tuesday good



Wednesday Lunch in St Germain/Luxenberg Gardens



Thursday Go back to favorite area and Have a farewell dinner or picnic at nite by Eiffel tower.....



Enjoy




|||



Looks excellent to me. Depending on the time you take in Napoleon%26#39;s tomb and rue cler area the musse Rodin is very close to where you will be on Sunday so you may go there on Sunday if you find you have the time but it looks excellent to me. Bon Voyage.




|||



Thanks so much for the feedback. I%26#39;ve tweaked this a bit based on your recommendations. If anyone has any restaurant recommendations, I%26#39;d really appreciate it.




|||



I might also switch one of the museum visits from Thursday to Monday afternoon. You might get %26quot;museumed-out%26quot; with two museums in one day. I might put the Rodin on Monday, simply because it%26#39;s smaller.




|||



Le Reminet is one of my favorite restaurants in Paris. It%26#39;s at 3 rue des Grand Degres in the 5th, very close to the river. Make a reservation, either by stopping by during the day or calling from your apartment.




|||



Thanks, HappyGoin! We%26#39;re a little hemmed in due to the Museum closings (Orsay %26amp; Rodin are both closed Mondays). I think Monday we%26#39;re going to hit the Marais. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation -- I%26#39;ll definitely check that out!




|||



Oops...of course, you%26#39;re right. I wasn%26#39;t thinking.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment